Sunday, July 19, 2009

I Just Don't Know...

Well, Friday's visit to the Cardiologist didn't bring me any good news... Yet it didn't bring me any bad news either... I'm going to see a "Super Cardiologist" at Mt. Sinai Hospital in New York. In the meantime, no elevated heart rates for me. Which I ignored for the last two weekends anyhow. Have you ever been told you can't, or shouldn't do something that you really yearn to do? Have you ever tried to climb hills, weighing 218 lbs. without elevating your HR?! LOL! Don suggested I bring my cleat covers with me and walk up the hills... That's crazy. If I wanted to walk something I'd get a dog, not a bicycle. So I'm determined more now then ever to figure this all out and find a way to be able to ride without limitations. Does anything compare to that single, solitary sense of accomplishment like dragging your ass over a monster hill climb??? And... I just don't feel like handing over a Ben Franklin to Rich, not without a fight.

Because life is not just cycling, dig this... Yeah...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HaAOCGb3bw

1 comment:

  1. dude...heed your doctor's advice.
    After 2 weeks off the bike following a loathsome mono diagnosis, I saddled up to cruise the easy loop.
    (1- I don't cruise, 2- there is no easy loop)...trying to be badass, trying to drop my dad on the last climb, smiling my big-ring smile (hurting deep inside, though) landed me back in the doc's w/ 2 major organs in distress.
    oops.
    Now I am on strict bed rest with cross season looming fast on the horizon...not cool.
    Add it up: not riding, just eating & sleeping, at the mercy of an illness I thought only teenagers get.
    faaaaaaack.

    so, my friend, listen to the doctor...they went to school a lot longer than us for a reason.
    It's not ALL about the benjamins anyway.
    and PS...Pop Musik? For real?

    ReplyDelete